Updated: September 24, 2020
B Pilates LLC is committed to providing a safe workspace for our team and clients. With that in mind, we’ve built this Studio Safety Protocol due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As our business re-opens to the public, we want to ensure not only the safety of our clients but the safety of the greater community that every person entering our studio will come into contact with. Every client is expected to take part in implementing and complying with these measures.
Our clients are the core of our business and we’re incredibly serious about protecting the health of each and every one of them. We have built our Studio Safety Protocol with experts including concerns our team has brought before us so that they may feel completely comfortable working out and practicing in our studio.
Our Studio Safety Protocol follows the CDC, state, and local health guidelines and HIPAA in relation to Covid-19.
The Studio Safety Protocol includes:
- Health Protocol
- Hygiene Protocol
- Sanitation Protocol
- Social Distancing Protocol
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness.
People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
All clients should self-monitor for these symptoms. If you have any of these symptoms, immediately Beth Hernandez at 512-587-0423 or email@example.com
The following procedures are being implemented to ensure that healthy clients are entering the studio and so that clients may report when they are ill or experiencing symptoms.
Before entering the studio for their first class or session, clients will be required to sign a new waiver indicating that they agree to our Studio Safety Protocol Plan.
Everyone must adhere to the County’s recommendation of wearing a face covering when outside the home. Additionally, this studio requires the use of socks. Gloves are optional, but provided. Socks, gloves and masks are available in the studio.
- If a client shows any symptoms of Covid-19 or tests positive for Covid-19 within 14 days of attending the studio, the client should immediately contact Beth Hernandez at 512-587-0423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beth Hernandez will review whom the client has had contact with at the studio in the prior 14 days leading up to going into isolation from the studio. This will include all clients and team members that the team member has had close contact with (close contact being within 6 feet for at least 5 minutes) as well as what areas of the studio and equipment the team member had touched or been in.
- If you have been in close contact (per the above definition) with an affected client who tests positive for Covid-19 within their isolation period, you will be notified via email and phone call. Per the CDC guidelines, remain in isolation for 14 days and self-monitor for symptoms. Seek medical attention should you develop any symptoms.
- We are implementing policies to protect all team members’ and client’s health details and conditions. When notifying people who have had close contact with an affected team member, the identity and condition of the client will not be shared.
- All clients who show symptoms may not re-enter the studio until at least 72 hours have passed since the resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and improvement in respiratory symptoms such as shortness of breath or cough, and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms began.
- All clients should practice social distancing by deliberately increasing the physical space between you and other people to at least six feet wherever possible.
All clients must implement good hygiene and infection control practices. These include:
- Frequently wash hands: Clients are instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water at the beginning of their session and after using the restroom.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Use respiratory etiquette: Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a sleeve or tissue. Wash your hands following coughing and sneezing and dispose of tissues in the trash. Avoid touching your face when coughing and sneezing. This etiquette will be demonstrated on signage and supported by making tissues and trash receptacles available to all employees and clients. B Pilates will provide hand sanitizer throughout the studio to further assist in this.
- B Pilates staff will not handle clients’ belongings including phones and personal equipment.
Our studio will provide daily sanitation and housekeeping as normal, with additional cleanings and disinfection measures in between all sessions.
- The studio will no longer provide mats for clients. Clients may bring their own mats and props but may not leave these items at the studio. Porous props have been removed from the studio at this time.
- If a worker is diagnosed with Covid-19, the studio will be shut down for 48 hours and a complete deep clean of the entire space will be performed.
- In between each session, all equipment used will be disinfected. Each client will have 5 minutes following the end of the session to disinfect equipment. The studio will be closed for 20-30 minutes between sessions for thorough additional disinfecting. We have chosen cleaning products based on recommendations from the CDC and EPA. Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses.
Social Distancing Protocol:
The studio will observe strict social distancing protocol to ensure close contact (contact of less than 6’) is limited.
- Only clients who have pre-scheduled appointments or classes will be allowed to enter the facility.
Check-in will be contactless.
- If equipment is needed for each client, that will be placed in advance by staff members at each space. That equipment will be left in the same place following the session to be collected and disinfected by a staff member.
- No hands-on cue will be used during the session. All cues will be verbal or visual. The instructor, teacher or trainer will maintain a 6’ or greater distance from the client.
- When the session ends, a staff member will distribute cleaning supplies. Cleaning supplies will not be shared. The client will clean their equipment and leave one at a time from the studio.
- All people should practice social distancing by deliberately increasing the space between people to greater than 6’ whenever possible.
All clients must sign a waiver agreeing to updated Covid-19 studio policies.